Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Goggle Review: Smith Fuel V.2 Sweat X M



When I purchased my Smith Forefront Helmet (see earlier review on it) I also bought some Smith Fuel V.2 goggles. I actually have a lot of experience when it comes to goggles, mostly at work. I am in the military and we wear goggles a lot when on our small boats and firing large weapons. We use ESS and Oakley mostly. Both ESS and Oakley have above standard ballistic ratings but when it comes to the important things.....looks, comfort they are not as cool...Okay lets be honest goggles are not going to win you any fashion contest but they do come in handy when you are in dusty, wet, or just plane fast riding environments.

Smith offers three different goggle options in their "off-road" category, the V.2's from what I can tell are the nicest of the three. Again like their helmets Smith hits a home run when it comes to options, with 10 different frame/strap color options there is something for everyone. All of the V.2's come with the red mirror lens as well as a clear lens and soft bag. If anyone didn't know mirrored lens are a foundation in Enduroing....just kidding, kind of.

So, these goggles not only look cool, as cool as goggles can look that is but function very well. As I stated before I have used goggles for a long time and one of the biggest downfalls I run into is fogging up. At work I use this military grade anti-fog liquid, works wonders but it wears off quick. So far my V.2's have been pretty good, I sweat A LOT when riding so when stopped for an extended amount of time my goggles did get a little fogged up but once I started moving they were crystal clear within a few seconds which tells me they have great ventilation, something ballistic rated goggles defiantly lack.

As for comfort these are very padded and easily adjusted to fit any helmet. I also liked that the strap has a lot off "sticky" surface, just incase you have a helmet that doesn't have a goggle retention system.

These goggles according to the Smith website MSRP for $70.00 I am sure if you look around you can find them a little cheaper.

Here is a link to the Smith Fuel V.2 goggles:

http://www.smithoptics.com/us/Root/Men%27s/Goggles/Off-Road/Fuel-V-2-Sweat-X-M/p/FX1DXXS16

If you have any question or comments please reply in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you all have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment