Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Xpedo Spry Pedal Review


This is my second set of Xpedo Spry pedals, the first set I let go with my with my Knolly Chilcotin. I am always back and forth on whether or not I want to run clipless or flats. I think they both have there strong and weak points. Anyways as of today I am running flats.

I decided to go with the Xpedo spry pedals for a few reasons. Reason number one, price, they are half if not more than half the price of similar pedals. Reason number two, platform size/profile, these pedals have a large platform and are very compact, my Pivot Mach 6 has a low bottom bracket and I need every millimeter of clearance possible. Third reason is the fact that like the Xpedo Baldwins I own, the Spry's are very easy to rebuild. I don't care how great a pedal is if you ride it hard they will eventually need to be rebuilt. Being able to do this with minimum frustration is important to me.

On to some of the things I don't like about the Spry, number one, the pins are not great for me, I think this is a personal preference but I like pins that have a pointed profile, not spikes but at least something other than round pegs. You can buy other pins from Xpedo directly, they ofter three different profiles, what would be nice is if they sent a second option in the box instead of just extra round pins.

All in all these pedals are great, magnesium light weight low profile pedals for less than $100. I highly recommend them if you are in the market for a quality flat that won't break the bank.

By the Numbers:
Price: 5/5
Durability: 3.5/5
Weight: 5/5
Traction (pins that come with pedals): 2/5  you can purchase other pins from xpedo
Platform Size/Profile: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment