Friday, December 25, 2015

WTB Vigilante Review



I decided to give the WTB Vigilante's a roll. I couldn't be happier! I ordered the 27.5 tough and fast compound. I put them on my new Industry Nine Enduro wheels (review on them coming soon). Out of the box everything was as described, I inspected the tire thoroughly inside and out, nothing to note. So on to mounting. First thing like many others have said these tires are a tight fit, but manageable if you have some levers and patients.

I set them up tubeless and was able to set the beads with a floor pump, no issues what-so-ever. My first ride on them was in Auburn, CA a few months ago. We were on some prime single track and the ground wasn't great but better then the bone dry earth I have been riding in Marin County. I could defiantly "feel" the tire rolling, the resistance is more than the High Roller II's I came off of but that was expected. Once I hit some faster portions of the trail I instantly felt the hook up and felt a lot more confident. This was the first time ever riding this trail for me so I took it a little slower than I normally ride.

After returning to Marin County I took my bike to some familiar trails and was able to put these tires to the test. I am very impressed with how confident I feel with these tires coming into corners and through out all angles of my lean into and out of the corners, they are also great in hard and soft braking situations, I felt confident braking a little later than normal for sure.

We have blessed with some rain here in Marin so I have been able to ride in some wet/muddy/slick conditions. The vigilante holds it's own, I think the only thing I noticed was on a slow accent (climb) they did build up with mud but once I put the pedal down it didn't take long for them to clear themselves.

These tires have been awesome, I have about 200 miles on them and they are still like new, I don't or try to avoid at all cost riding on pavement so my tires seem to last a little longer than the average.

PRO's:
Price
Durability
Traction
Breaking

CON's:
Weight
Mounting

No comments:

Post a Comment